Our modern take on a traditional tree is 7-feet tall, but you can make yours any height you wish. We decorated it with a snackable garland, however it comes with a warning. Expect to replenish it often!
- Coloured washi tape
- Ruler and measuring tape
- Wall fasteners (clear 3M CommandTM clips)
- Gold string, both thick and thin
- Assorted Lindor Truffles (we used Milk Chocolate, Peppermint Cookie, White Chocolate and Candy Cane)
- Set your treetop. On the wall, place a piece of tape from the top of the tree straight down to the bottom. (This reference line will be removed later.)
- Create the first side of the tree with a diagonal line of washi tape. Start from the top and place the line as low and wide as you’d like the tree to be.
- Measure the distance from the bottom of the diagonal line to the middle reference line. Using a small piece of tape, mark the same distance on the other side of the base of the tree. (This is another reference mark that will be removed later.)
- Create the second side of the tree by adhering washi tape at the top of the reference line and extending it diagonally to the marked-off spot.
- Create a tree base using a horizontal line of washi tape. Remove the temporary reference lines.
- For the garland, place a 3M CommandTM clip at each contact point on the tree. Tie the thicker string to the upper-most contact point, criss-crossing down the tree and securing it to each fastener along the way. Cut the loose end.
- Using the thin string, tie individual Lindor Truffles to the wall-mounted garland. Space them evenly along the string.
- Use decorative stars or ornaments to cover the 3M CommandTM fasteners (optional).